Financial Controller, Digibank
Get to know our Team:
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Get to know the Role:
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
The day-to-day activities:
- Own and be accountable for accuracy, timeliness, effectiveness and efficiency of all processes related to controllership for Digibank. This includes accounting, reporting, financial controls and tax.
- Ensure that all elements of the bank’s financials are captured accurately, adhere to accounting standards and have robust controls in place to prevent accounting inaccuracies and errors.
- Establish, maintain and tighten the financial controls, related policy & procedures within the bank & ensure a robust Financial Control environment.
- Responsible for timely & error free financial reporting in line with SFRS and regulatory reporting in line with MAS rules and guidelines
- Responsible for managing tax exposures & risks for the bank and timely error free reporting thereof
- Design and own Finance processes and systems for accounting and reporting (Chart of Accounts, integrity of GL and other financial systems)
- Project manage and implement various company-wide strategic initiatives as well as Finance internal projects. Think through the implications to various finance teams and drive all the work streams to complete deliverables in line with commitments
- Provide insightful information to management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
The must haves:
- You have the Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility required to work at Digibank.
- You have at least 15 years experience in banking, are a Qualified accountant (CA/CPA/ACCA or other professional accounting accreditation) with deep understanding of IFRS and MAS guidelines
- You must be comfortable working independently, dealing with ambiguity and be technology and process effective
- You should have the ability to influence, communicate and drive change
- You should be a strategic thinker with ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- You should be a data-driven leader with a strong bias for action and a holistic understanding of business.
- You should have superb presentation and communication skills and good interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments, a big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented and problem solver in a complex environment
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and experiences with operational execution
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup
- VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.