Fund Accounting & Administration, VP
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Vice President to service clients for our Private Equity FOF division of our Alternative Investment Solutions Group. They will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish the workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. They will be responsible for delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting and support for our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting & Administration, VP you will be responsible for:
- Supervising staff (including Associates, Senior Associates, Officers and AVP ).
- Managing client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Reviewing quarterly annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review of capital calls and distributions, including notices.
- Reviewing quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit with accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including auditors.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow (including offshore hubs) and client deadlines.
What we value
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting
- 12+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.