Manager, Finance & Treasury
Get to know our Role:
You will be part of the Group Treasury team and the wider group, working in partnership with the regional, country finance teams and businesses to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, treasury, risk and business acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial risk management.
You will need to support initiatives to optimise banking architectures, increase efficiency, automate treasury and the related finance processes to ensure a data-driven organization that provides useful insights, holding stakeholders accountable and working alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
The day-to-day activities:
- Assist in Treasury Management System (TMS) solutions implementation and support activities to enhance treasury operation, functionality and overall performance
- Provide analysis, design, and build consultation and subject matter expertise to the TMS implementation, banking systems administration & interface (Host-to-Host and/or API, linkage to ERPs) and support treasury practice. Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Assist in the development of overall project plan (scoping process) as well as individual work plans; acting as liaison with consultants and / or all the stakeholders for troubleshooting (investigate, analyse and solve software problems)
- Assist and lead initiatives in partnership with banking partners and internal stakeholders (Tax, Legal, IT, AR/AP, Controllership, etc.) to develop treasury’s transformation and cash management architecture strategy
- Improve the way we work across the wider group i.e. automation, simplification, streamlining processes, leveraging tools (e.g. TMS, Analytics, Tableau, VBA, Bloomberg etc) and technology.
- Identify, assess and mitigate group financial risks, i.e. liquidity, FX, interest rate, settlement, investment, counterparty credit, market, fraud, project, regulatory risks etc, working closely with the wider Grab community towards achieving OKRs.
- Support control & governance efforts in bank account architecture, management (e.g. opening, closing and maintenance) and banking approval matrix.
- Demonstrate business acumen, bringing both technological and business sense ensuring alignment within and external to the Treasury.
- Support implementation of Treasury policies/ procedures across geographies and build trust with country Finance, FP&A and business leadership teams.
- Business partner with multiple stakeholders (including external joint venture partners and bankers) who may have different priorities.
- Work closely within the wider Finance teams to support new product and company initiatives.
- Develop, deliver and present reports/ dashboards/ key insights to stakeholders.
- Take on other areas or initiatives as required and act as back up to other team members (e.g. in cash flow forecasting process and FX execution).
The must haves:
- Minimum 7 plus years of solid treasury, banking or corporate finance experience preferably in a mix of MNC and fast-paced / high growth companies (e.g. fintech). Finance/accounting knowledge and experience working with Southeast Asian countries will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Treasury or relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CA, CFA, CTP etc.
- Experience with TMS implementation including mapping and developing standard operating procedures, managing TMS and banking systems administration and interface (including Host-to-Host & API) preferably
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley or strong control culture would be an advantage.
- Strong hands-on project management skills, results-driven, execution-focused, ability to own outcomes and make things happen with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment - not everything is clearly defined. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the current roles.
- Data-driven to the core – understand numbers, what affects them, how you can influence outcomes, recommend options through analytical insights, quantitative analysis and decision modelling, communicate extremely concisely both written and verbal.
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical reasoning ability, and some experience with operational execution.
- Demonstrate Grab qualities of Heart, Honour, Hunger and Humility.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.