Accounting Specialist (Swiss Market/French or German speaker)
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a global provider of modern business services in the area of accounting and taxes, human resources and payroll, as well as corporate secretariat management.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
Currently we are searching for an Accounting Specialist to support our Swiss Accounting team from our hub in Katowice. If you like to work with figures and numbers and you are proactive about your own learning, we are happy to support you to kick off your international career with us!
Bookkeeping for Swiss and foreign client companies under relevant GAAP (Swiss, IFRS, US GAAP mainly). Preparation of Swiss statutory accounts for client companies in the portfolio, simple tax returns and associated analysis, VAT returns and associated analysis. Communicating effectively and timely with clients, tax advisors, banks, auditors, lawyers, investment managers and other third parties.
- Bookkeeping for BVI and Swiss companies;
- Later stage bookkeeping in client’s system: Dynamics, Navision, SAP;
- Payment processing, subject to clients approval, i.e. uploading payments of approved invoices on online bank platforms;
- Prepare simple VAT workings, reconciliation by matching with invoices etc..;
- Generate reports to prepare client reporting pack;
- Understanding of accounting for investment portfolios;
- Prepare draft statutory FS based on available information for further review by Accountant/Manager;
- Communicate well with team members and client where required;
- Make use available checklists prior to submitting deliverables;
- Be prepared to perform any other tasks required for the smooth management of clients within our portfolio.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Knowledge of Swiss rules (Accounting and Tax) would be a great advantage but it's not required
- Knowledge of (Swiss GAAP, Swiss Code of Obligations would be a great advantage) IFRS or US GAAP;
- Minimum working experience of 1 -2 years (accounting or finance);
- Have a knowledge of how VAT works, not necessarily Swiss VAT but understand the broad concept, note Switzerland is not in EU and does not apply EU VAT;
- Knowledge of ERP systems: WinEUR (great advantage) / SAP / Dynamics / ORACLE / Navision;
- Language skills: Good English; Good French or German (both writing and speaking skills);
- We are also open for Candidates with basic reading /writing skills in French / German
- VAT, CIT – Understanding on how those operate;
- Strong analytical skills and eagerness to learn;
- Can do positive attitude and solution-oriented approach.
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Flexible working time
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Charity work
*We kindly inform you that we will be contacting only selected candidates