Accounts Payable Specialist
The AP Specialist ensures that invoices submitted to Vistage are promptly processed in accordance with the established payment procedures.
Vistage is the world's largest CEO coaching and peer advisory organization for small and midsize business (SMB) leaders. We offer the most effective approach for SMB enterprises to achieve better results and grow faster as well as for SMB leaders to maximize their impact.
The 22,000+ members we serve are CEOs, owners and executives of SMB organizations located across the US and in 22 counties around the world. These SMB executives typically spend a day or more with Vistage every month to immerse themselves in our comprehensive platform for making better decisions, getting better results and becoming better leaders. Our platform features three core elements: valuable perspectives from a trusted group of peers, professional guidance and meeting facilitation from an accomplished business leader (the Chair), and deep insights from subject matter experts.
Vistage was founded more than 60 years ago and we've grown every year since then by innovating to stay on the cutting–edge of business and being relentless in delivering value to our members. Our success is demonstrated by the fact that Vistage member companies grow 2.2 times faster than non–Vistage peer companies. Learn more about us at .
VISTAGE EMPLOYEE LIFE
Vistage's success is anchored by a unique culture which reinforces employee commitment to the Vistage mission. It is a spirit of collective success and achievement which is also reflected in our workplace. Here's a sample of the employee experience that helps drive our success:
?? Welcome to our home. Our US headquarters sits in the heart of San Diego's UTC area. It features an open, modern aesthetic with lots of collaboration spaces, free lattes and Kombucha on tap! From our San Diego base, we collaborate with colleagues based across the country and around the world.
?? We sweat the details. Our onsite gym is decked out with Peloton bikes, a Mirror workout system and plenty of other equipment to keep your workout challenging and fresh. On–site yoga classes, chair massages and smoothie days also help to keep us focused and healthy!
?? We invest in your career. Each employee has an actionable career progression plan developed through individual collaboration with their manager. We focus on promoting from within and employee progression plans are complemented by all–staff development days held in our state–of–the–art learning center as well as access to tons of individualized development resources and a tuition reimbursement program.
?? We invest in you. Our employee benefits program is one of the most generous you'll find. Fully–paid healthcare is provided for employees through Anthem Blue Cross along with access to dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Take care of your financial future with 401(k) matching funds eligibility after your first month as an employee and utilize the free individual investment counseling we provide to help you grow the money you've saved. You'll also start with 16 days of paid time off per year to allow you to relax and recharge . . . employees receive additional annual paid days off based on tenure.
?? We keep it fun! Whether you're enjoying our summer baseball outing, unwinding during an employee happy hour or toasting your co–workers at our epic annual holiday party, you'll see that we take having fun as seriously as helping our members succeed! The office vibe is business casual with flexible schedules along with freedom to work from home in bunny slippers if that's your thing! We value mutual respect and laughter . . . we hate stiff formality. You'll have regular access to Vistage executives–our CEO even buys everyone doughnuts several times a year to fuel his informal employee chats!
Vistage's culture and sense of mission drives employee loyalty: more than half of our staff has been with the company for five years or longer. Are you ready to start your Vistage journey?
THE VISTAGE AP SPECIALIST POSITION
We set the bar high and constantly take on new challenges. Vistage is a fast–paced environment where every day is "game day." We're accountable, inclusive and have an "all–in" attitude as we set goals and take action. We love celebrating your success but don't have time for excuses. Do you have what it takes?
You will be responsible for the successful execution of the following key responsibilities:
- Invoice Processing via Concur online system:
- Review invoices and process according to Vistage's policies for allowances and approvals.
- Disperse invoices to the relevant, authorized Vistage supervisor for signature.
- Ensure that all invoices to be paid are coded to the appropriate general ledger/project accounts.
- Integrate the approved invoices into the automated accounting system for payment.
- Provide feedback to vendors and relevant internal customer regarding invoice discrepancies.
- Process weekly check runs
- Process online expense report via online management system.
- Process weekly positive pay information to bank.
- Coordinate W–9 & Form 1099 data collection and processing
- Prepare the monthly Accounts Payable accruals.
- Process monthly chair pay.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 or more years of progressive work experience with automated accounting systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word or similar system is required.
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is preferred.
- Experience with Concur T&E/Invoice is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Must be able to multi–task.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to help coordinate change in a continuous improvement environment.
- Curious and continuous learner
- Excellent communicator, both online and in person.
- Strong business acumen.
- Personal integrity & character.
- Self–disciplined, ability to work independently.
- Team player, independent yet supportive.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Professional presence and manner.
A. S./A.A. is business acceptable as long as education/work experience demonstrates a solid understanding of accounting principles.
Vistage is an equal opportunity employer.