Technology Audit Specialist (London, Limerick or Dublin)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Department: The Audit Services Department’s Professional Practices Group (PPG) is responsible for maintaining and enhancing practices, policies, and tools used by the Department globally. The PPG QA function is responsible for maintaining and executing the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) and performing independent reviews of the Department’s deliverables, ensure alignment with the internal audit standard and relevant regulatory requirements. The QA function has a global remit and regularly assesses a variety of internal audit activities, collaborates with senior management, and publishes assessment reports, metrics, action items.
Role: The QA Specialist position encompasses the execution and delivery of the QAIP and its principles. The individual will be fundamental and instrumental in setting a high bar in bringing the ‘value’ that QA function can provide to the broader Audit Services department. This role is “highly visible” to the audit leadership. Therefore, thought leadership, practical and logical thinking style, positive and collaborative attitude, ability to learn on the fly, navigate through ambiguity with comfort, and influence positive change are the fundamental requirements to this role. This position will functionally report to the Quality Assurance Manager (Chicago).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Extensive experience and proven thought leadership preferably within financial services sector, covering technology or technology risk management and compliance functions or experience as an examiner
- Advanced understanding and expertise in examining a complex organization’s information security, infrastructure engineering & operations, and/or application management risks and processes
- Advanced knowledge in IT general controls, risk management, business resiliency, network management/architecture, vendor risk management, vulnerability management, patch management systems, and data centre operations and management
- Advanced understanding of common frameworks including Information Security and Cloud management and control frameworks (e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Framework and 800-53, CIS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, COBIT, FedRAMP, ISO 2700x, ITIL)
- Ability to critically evaluate an institution's IT/information security program and provide advice on its ability to identify, protect, respond, and recover from business changes
- Knowledge of, and ability to evaluate cyber security/information security and technology risks and prudent practices for managing those risks
- Understanding of threat intelligence reports, identifying vulnerabilities, and how they could be exploited, and the potential impact to the organization
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical issues into business effects for business representatives
- Maintain ongoing awareness of current and new information about security threats, techniques and landscape
- Experience in taking 'complex' issues or risks, and effectively communicate/synthesize information based on audience
- Critical listening and interviewing skills - ability to examine, cross-examine, and pose the same question in different ways to get to the bottom
- Operate independently as a QA partner across the various audit teams, forming partnerships at all levels within Audit Services. Support the QA Manager in fostering a strong QA partnership with senior management
- Execute QA reviews and other core QA deliverables (e.g., scorecards, targeted reviews, etc.)
- Manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines, both internal and external (e.g., regulators)
- Provides trainings to auditors, including tailored training as and when needed
- Assist in ad-hoc projects (e.g. exception reporting, developing training materials, research and development, completing committee materials, etc.)
- Several years of relevant experience (as described above) in internal or external audit, risk management, or relevant Big 4 consulting roles preferably within the banking/financial services sector
- Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., Masters), but not required
- The following certifications are beneficial CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CCAK and Ethical Hacker, CSX Nexus Cybersecurity and Cybersecurity Audit Certificates
- Excellent MS Excel (e.g., Pivots, Vlookup), PowerPoint, and Visio skills
- Experience in using Tableau, Power BI preferred
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.