We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music. Virgin Radio Anthems, Virgin Radio Chilled and Virgin Radio Groove complete the network reaching record audiences. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Your Role: Your principal responsibility will be to process and deliver weekly/monthly and quarterly P&L reporting for the Wireless group, preparation of Management Accounts - reporting on trends, variances and performance issues, budget and forecast preparation alongside providing any adhoc analysis required to support the business.You will be based in the Wireless finance team in Peterborough, reporting directly to the Finance Manager. Day to day you will:
- Prepare and analyse the wireless weekly results pack and weekly revenue forecast for the Wireless exec. Assist in investigating variances in results against expectations. Take ownership of month end processing across specific areas including responsibility for all month end accrual/prepayment postings, management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations for the relevant stations. Present and comment on monthly results with key stakeholders within your station. Assist with the full P&L monthly results and commentary reporting to the News UK group reporting team. Be responsible for TM1 and SAP monthly reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and that the two systems reconcile. Own the headcount process each month, with relevant analysis and narratives on movements within the Wireless team. Own the process of Billing for specific areas, creating billing plans for the accounts team to invoice to third parties.
- Support Finance Manager with the Quarterly conference call presentation deck and assist with Quarterly corporate reporting requirements, Reconcile and submit quarterly royalty returns,
- Own the budget and quarterly reforecast processes for the relevant stations, including business partnering with key stakeholders, as well as any TM1 uploads and reconciliations. Own the headcount preparation for both Forecast and Budget, collating information from all stations and creating bridges with relevant narratives and analysis. Take ownership of both rolling forward a Forecast in TM1 as well as creating a weekly phased version, in line with requirements for our weekly reporting.
- Support Finance Manager with any queries related to your stations, or headcount as well as any adhoc business requests/Projects
What we’re looking for from you:We’re looking for a finalist/newly qualified who wants to join a fast paced team and really make a difference. Some of the skills you will need include:
- ACCA/CIMA finalist/qualified with at least 2 years relevant work experience. Analysis - strong analytical and data interpretation skills, underpinned by system skills (including Excel). Willingness to challenge existing practice and implement change. Able to take Initiative. TM1/SAP experience beneficial.
Life at NewsAt News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking. We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group. We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support. In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%; 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year; Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks; Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.