MSFS Portfolio Analytics Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career-minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has over 900 professional with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
The Portfolio Analytics group of Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on providing Hedge Fund clientele solutions on performance measurement and attribution, monitoring and analysis of portfolio risk and providing other portfolio related analysis. The Portfolio Analytics group currently seeks a person who is interested in applying their analytical skills in the business area catering to Hedge Fund’s portfolio analysis.
- Providing clients various portfolio performance metrics and portfolio risk analysis.
- Preparing customized portfolio analysis and reports that involve risk and performance calculation.
- Resolving client queries on various portfolio related performance and risk analysis.
- Creating new client reporting and portfolio analysis initiatives using Excel and VBA.
- Collaborating with IT and our global team to build automation, scale and efficiency to daily processes.
- Valuation of various exotic products held by hedge fund clients.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving ability.
- Strong understanding of equities, fixed income and derivatives products. Hedge funds experience will be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with Excel-VBA.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Maths/Statistics/Finance, or any other Quantitative or Financial based subject.
- Experience in financial services preferred.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.