Middle Office, Sr Assc
Who we are looking for:
A high energy team consisting of 11 analysts in the UK facilitating Transitional events for 12 of the leading Asset Management companies. Transitional activity includes:
- Help manage new business/client take-on for the IMS client base, incorporating fund launches, in-specie, changes of custody, mergers and closures
- Undertake full analysis of client request to ensure event is implemented in line with expectations and within designated timeframes
- Liaise with all areas of State Street to help implement clients request. Working closely with other IMS teams and also Custody/Fund accounting groups
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards and business objectives. Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Middle office function (F2B - ALPHA). Alpha team is also known as Front to Back office strategy asset management. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate you will:
- Co-ordination of new account openings, closures and transfers of stock and cash for IMS.
- Identify, evaluate and track progress of project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately when unsure
- Collaboration with client and other State Street teams using communication and the appropriate level of literacy skills required to help deliver transitional changes on time.
- Help run weekly pipeline calls with the client to keep track of in-flight activity providing feedback and expert analysis
What we value:
- PC literate – Strong on Excel and other MS office products. SQL knowledge would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyse on the spot.
- Good time management & leadership qualities
- Strong communication and client service skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities, and areas of expertise.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Educated to A level standard. A-C
- Graduate or Master degree prefer
- Confident, out-going personality with ability to make decisions and liaise with other professionals
- Team player. Must be willing to learn and assist colleagues in their day-to-day responsivities sometimes working against tight deadlines.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.