Tax Director - Business Tax
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to clients in various industries in the areas of corporate tax, withholding tax, tax treaties, real property gains tax, stamp duty, tax incentives etc
- Manage team and portfolio of clients to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Work closely with clients and liaise with various government agencies e.g. Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
- Work closely with team to identify and pursue opportunities for new engagements / clients.
- Conduct research and consult with team members on various tax matters
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Directors across our Firm are expected to:
- Lead and act as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels, whilst continuously promoting a sense of loyalty and energizes others to act.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte.
- Develop and sustain long-term, trust-based relationships with stakeholders, clients and team
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success.
- Manage the sustainable development of a strong pipeline of talent for current and future success, by driving a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
- Lead behavioral and cultural change through a supportive, collaborative and highly inclusive environment where team members feels supported, respected and engaged
- Possess minimum a Bachelor Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting/Economics/Tax or Professional Qualification (ACCA/MIA/MICPA) with at least 10 years working experience preferably in professional services firm
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- A strong team player and willing to share responsibilities as a team
- Possess a pleasant personality and willing to learn attitude e.g. participate in career development and training processes
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.