Fund Accounting-Associate 2-Kilkenny
Who we are looking for
To supervise a team of Fund Accountants in the valuation of funds to strict deadlines while contributing to the development of the department.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting-Associate -2 role you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assist team members in meeting their monthly deadlines
- To prepare monthly and quarterly Board reports, strict deadlines must be adhered to, communicate with internal / external clients in collating / co-coordinating the data for the reports
- EU Savings Directive Reporting; maintain comprehensive up to date fund database, maintain key procedures and control documents, data dissemination to Bloomberg on request
- Preparation and gathering of report information elements for board reports
- Preparation and gathering of report information for UCIT3 reporting
- Timely and accurate completion of fund audits
- Prepared daily
- All items cleared within maximum of five days
- Material items investigated and assessed on discovery
- Objective to be tailored based on current allocation of funds
Team work flow
- Ensure adequate cover when people are sick or on annual leave
- Appropriate allocation of work within team
- Appropriate sharing of work within department
- Appropriate allocation of project work
- Within team through effective team meetings
- Within team on a day to day basis
- Of all relevant issues to Manager on a timely basis
- Resolving complex queries
- All telephone queries either resolved or addressed within 24 hours
- All mails responded to within 24 hours
Broaden Knowledge base
- Investment restrictions
Checking of the fund
- Encourage self checking where appropriate to better manage time
- Allow time for projects and appropriate delegation.
What we value
- Client focused Trustworthy and diligent Innovative and team-orientated Positive
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Honours degree from a relevant Business/ Finance discipline
- Minimum of two years experience in a fund accounting environment.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure accurate valuations Strong numerical and accuracy skills Ability to work to deadlines Highly computer literate Good communication skills Organised in order to ensure valuations are timely
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.