Fund Accounting & Administration, Vice President
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Delivery (GD) Business unit located in Hangzhou servicing clients in Austrian cross Mutual fund, asset management business, ETF product to generate the NAV/UP and disseminate to clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street global fund accounting services, also known as a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to pension funds, mutual funds and ETFs. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President, you will
Report directly to the Head of APAC Fund Accounting in the Hangzhou office and will be a key member of the leadership team across the Global Delivery organization in the Hangzhou office. The Vice President will be expected to lead the service delivery across multiple operational areas, drive transformation efforts, and manage stakeholders from across the region. The role is directly accountable for positive and consistent results and client outcomes. This position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments simultaneously.
As Fund Accounting & Administration, VP you will be responsible for
- Supervising all junior level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Senior Staff, Officer and AVP ).
- Be responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Strive to provide best in class service to our clients, always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Ability to identify and take action on high risk processes; must be active and current on all procedures, controls and high risk areas to prevent financial loss.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
- Responsible for developing team budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves team expenses.
- Experience with change management programs in sponsorship, leadership roles. Demonstrated ability to execute under challenging circumstances and deliver targeted outcomes
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of end to end fund accounting workflow and show proficiency in understanding global strategy to guide APAC fund accounting team(s) in implementing best practice.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner at all times, displaying the ethical behavior we expect in all interactions, both within GD and outside GD
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent time management and presentation skills (communication to multiple levels (clients, other 3rd parties, executives, peers, subordinates). Flexibility across multiple formats (one on one, town hall, virtual, social, etc)
- Navigate a large, global organization. Build meaningful relationships and develop an effective network
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 10+ years or relevant experience as well as a BA/BS degree
- CFA , CPA would be plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.