Finance Business Partner Analyst
A fantastic opportunity to join an actively growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a confident Tax Assistant who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that leads and advises a range of interesting, growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners who operate in a range of sectors such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few.
- You will become a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore you will quickly become a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- You will be expected to and be given the opportunity to build your external network of peers (client and non-client) and to aide this maintain an understanding of the breadth of the firms capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- On a day to day basis you will work closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients and to address any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- In addition, you will work closely with your colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your clients business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: Loss relief, tax relief on interest, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, capital allowances, group reorganisations, shareholder reorganisations, international tax matters and acquisitions & disposals.
- You will also work closely with colleagues in other departments to support them provide a high quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities for their clients. This will include working with our transactions team on tax due diligence projects and our restructuring advisory team on distress or insolvency cases.
- We have a mindset of ensuring continual improvement in our skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients which you will be expected to embrace as part of your own development and promote by way of providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ATT qualified or ACA/CA/CTA part qualified
- Work experience within an Accountancy Practice, with exposure to Corporate Tax or in-house tax role with exposure to Corporate Tax
- Experience and confidence of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Current role to be 50%+ Tax based.
- Experience of using specialist tax software system
- Experience in client communication and working on a busy portfolio.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.