Manager – Audit, Investment Funds - London
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our head office, in the centre of London, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in investment funds and previous experience in this sector is a pre requisite for consideration.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is (highly desirable).
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 28 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.