Digital Audit Lead, Financial Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Financial Services Assurance service line in Singapore uses data analysis techniques to deliver insights around financial statements and operations in order to help our clients identify unrealised and often unexpected potential, and in doing so, achieve a new level of insight and performance. Because of this, our clients can make better decisions as they can understand what has happened, why it happened and subsequently predict what may happen next.
As a Digital Audit Lead, you will be leading the Digital Audit team within the Financial Services Assurance service line, dedicated to maintaining meaningful relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients. You will form a crucial part of our project teams for the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Our newly launched structured Technology Career Framework in Assurance means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead the Digital Audit team to work with the audit teams and clients in the financial services industry to design and build analytics solutions in a way that will deliver business value
- Conduct basic data visualisation (e.g. Power BI) and programming (e.g. Alteryx) trainings and digital audit awareness sessions for the department
- Use scientific methods and technologies to analyse data, obtain knowledge and insights from the data and develop models and solutions that deliver value to the business
- Take and process data from various sources to analyse it and provide value through insights, reporting and data visualisation techniques
- Creates cognitive services involving complex algorithms that collect data in a wide range of formats to automate processes, recommend actions and take decisions that help achieve a goal
- Cultivate business development opportunities within the financial services industry
- Consistently deliver quality client services
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- You are passionate and have interest in data analytics, innovation and automation
- Eager to learn new skills and technology
- Enjoy solving complex problems and providing data to support the solution
- You are confident and great at showcasing your ideas and solutions verbally and in written form
- Know when to laugh and when to suit up (or both). You’re fun, but always maintain integrity and good work ethics
- Our team is like an orchestra, everybody is required for projects to succeed. You must enjoy working in a team
- Borderline perfectionist; making sure that every work you output has your best effort
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organisational, project management and analytical skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accountancy, Computer Science, Data Science, Business, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 2 years of Audit or Digital Audit experience
- Working knowledge of data sourcing / data capture, data preparation and data transformation techniques
- Solution-oriented with “go-getter” personality
- The ability to think out of the box
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good understanding of, and practical experience with analytical techniques and tools for predictive analytics (E.g. SAS, Enterprise Miner, Modeler, R, Python)
- Good understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of visualisation tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, etc.
- Experience working in multicultural teams
What we look for
You love data analytics, and often get carried away talking about it. But you are able to explain it in detail to your peers but also in high level to senior management. You seek to fill the gap of knowledge you have whether it is about the latest analytics software, auditing processes, or a baguette recipe. You’re curious about the world and enjoy solving problems in novel ways. You embrace and adapt to the dynamic and rapidly changing industry where no two days are the same. Most importantly, you recognise that you achieve more with a team.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.About EYAs a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.