Assistant Manager / Manager, Costing, Budgeting and Forecasting, Lebanon
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the wider CFO agenda including accounting and financial reporting challenges and others facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for Assistant Managers / Managers to support and manage the delivery of cost optimization and rationalization, budgeting and procurement reviews for large clients based across MENA.
This role will be based out of our center of excellence and will require you to support MENA-wide engagements
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager or Manager, you will focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep Finance and Accounting industry expertise. You will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive Government Sector consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our FAAS practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Government, Health Industries, Consumer and Industrial Products & Services.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelors degree in a related field
- Experience in Government Budget Cycle process and forecasting, the budgeting models and related reporting
- Experience with at least two comprehensive cost accounting / optimization / reduction / rationalization projects at large companies. This must include review of all type of expenses
- Experience with reviewing companies’ budgets and the budgeting process, including experience with zero-based budgeting, performance-based budgeting and other budgeting frameworks and concepts.
- Experience with developing and reviewing cost allocation frameworks such as ABC costing and other costing techniques and methods.
- Experience in public sector planning applications (Hyperion performance management application, SAP Business planning and consolidation application)
- Flexibility to travel within KSA for supporting client engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Relevant sector experience and exposure to working with one of the Big 4
- Professional qualification, such as ACCA, CMA, CPA
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working worldEY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.