Project Manager- 12m FTC – Business Consulting - Financial Services – Galway, Limerick, Cork
Do you have a keen interest in driving change, with the ability to influence decision-makers at any given time? Do you possess a deep understanding of the challenges faced by businesses within the financial services industry? Do you have excellent people, communication and negotiating skills? At EY, we are sure that irrespective of the reasoning behind considering a new role with us, becoming a part of our strong financial services banking team may be the ideal career move for you. We’re currently hiring Project Managers on a 12m FTC working remotely.
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
Join EY Ireland on a 12m FTC and you’ll work in high performing teams, experiencing growth and change right across this diverse region. You’ll be working with the best people on the most complex financial services opportunities and challenges our clients face, helping to shape the future of financial services.
Your key responsibilities
Within Business Consulting, you'll work as part of a high-performing team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping financial services organisations solve their complex business opportunities and challenges from strategy to execution. On a typical day, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in programmes / projects across the end-to-end project lifecycle, from business case development to project execution and close-out
- Engage directly with senior client stakeholders, Product Owners and Solutions Delivery Managers to drive programme / project outcomes, whilst continuously improving governance processes and ways of working
- Manage the delivery of complex multi-stream programmes / projects in accordance with client Project Management Methodology
- Plan and manage projects, incl. definition of project scope, planning and monitoring of delivery; organisation and leadership of governance meetings; preparation and distribution of status reports; management and monitoring of project costs/budget and cash flow/invoicing; and communication with relevant stakeholders
- Identify, manage, and communicate risks and issues plus internal/external dependencies across the programme / project
- Monitor benefits realisation in the form of key outcome metrics
- Maintain a standard-format roadmap of inflight deliverables, for use in project, programme and portfolio reporting.
- Draw on EY’s capabilities in Customer Experience, Digital, Technology and Risk as well as experience from our global consulting network
- Work with a global team of experts to develop uniqueand innovative solutions as well as benefitting from best-in-class training and development
Skills and attributes for success
- Identify and make decisions that have a significant project impact; escalating decisions that cannot be resolved within the project in line with project/programme governance structure.
- Deadline-driven, highly organised and able to multitask
- Exceptional problem-solving ability including logical reasoning, creative thinking and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Identify, drive and lead problem solving and issue management for the project deliverables
- Accountable for project team adherence to EY or client delivery methodology and ensures any deviations are addressed
- Influences and contributes to continuous improvement of methodology
- A team player who’s also an independent thinker
- Collaborates across the organisation and externally, including external regulatory bodies and stakeholders
- Identifies and manages cross functional interdependencies
Level of Influence
- Influences and negotiates project outcomes with senior stakeholders, often across multiple functions.
- Prepares and presents analysis, insights and recommendation to assist governance forums with decision making
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6+yrs experience in a project management in financial services
- Experience of delivery of complex projects and strong presentation skills
- Highly experienced in financial, stakeholder and people management
- Experience of working on projects through the full delivery life cycle (from project concept/initiation to closing)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Primary Degree
- Project Management Certification and/or Agile certification desirable (e.g. PRINCE2, Scrum Master)
- Management Consulting experience a benefit
What we look for
- Ability to positively engage and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Someone who is passionate about reaching their full potential and excelling in their career
- Someone who enjoys solving complex problems and variety in their day-to-day working life
- Someone who is passionate about working with people and building high performing teams
- Someone who will positively engage and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders to help our clients deliver their change agenda
Benefits – It is more than just a Job.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes:
- A competitive remuneration and pension plan
- A free Gym membership with a top tier gym in Ireland with state-of-the-art facilities
- FlexEY – an opportunity to select benefits that suit your needs, covering additional holidays, health and well-being options, insurance options, savings opportunities and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions for top tier shops and restaurants
- Support for flexible working to accommodate your personal life and career development
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.