Sr Financial Analyst
What You'll Do:
The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) plays an integral role in implementing effective finance and budget strategies across the organization. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the monthly analysis of the company's financial results, work with the financial models that generates budgets, long–range plans, and is responsible for the business planning and analytical support behind the sales and operations of the company.
The ideal person for this role has strong organizational skills, is extremely detail–oriented, and takes full ownership over the delivery of a consistently superior work product. He/she has clear verbal and written communication skills, is quick–thinking, adaptable to change, and values working together as one team. Working proactively, independently, and reliably in a fast–paced environment, this individual will work directly with business leaders understand their results and manage their budgets.
- Prepare accurate financial reports and analysis to support presentations to the Board and other outside stakeholders.
- Provide strategic connection between finance and business units to drive intelligent business decisions around hiring and significant spending initiatives.
- Drive business goals, supporting cost optimization initiatives, working capital management and return on capital by ensuring they are adequately measured, managed, and reported.
- Prepare detailed analyses and presentations on various financial and strategic issues.
- Conduct analysis to understand major variances between actual and plan.
Who You Are:
- Professional Experience: Minimum 3 years of financial planning experience, experience working with private equity a plus
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Innovative thinking with a desire to improve processes by leveraging technology to drive efficiencies
- Education: Relevant undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting required; an MBA or equivalent CFA or CPA a plus
- Technical Skills:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill is a must; Sage Intacct experience would be a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Self–Motivation and Self–Starter: Driven self–starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution–oriented approach
- Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- Focus on Diversity: Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
- Legal right to work in the United States
Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards–aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K–12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like–minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast–growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real–world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high–energy, purpose–driven work environment – as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high–performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values:
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners trust.
INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest–standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio–economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.