Our client is looking for an AP/AR Manager to join their Accountancy team in Crawley.
Our client, a well known & growing business based in Crawley is looking for an AP/AR Manager to join their Accountancy team.
AP/AR Manager - Crawley
- To maximise the effectiveness of the Credit Control, Purchase Ledger and Costings Department.
- Willing and able approach, to learn all accounting functions within the Accounts Department.
- Hands on approach to be able to provide cover for holidays and sickness across the Team.
- To maintain a UK Customer based sales ledger of approximately 70+ customers.
- To maintain the Overseas Agents sales ledger of approximately 50+ customers.
- To assist with Sales Ledger functions at month end due to deadline requirements.
- Liaising with our Legal Team and identifying delinquent debtors for further legal action.
- Approving credit accounts and setting credit limits within the Company Policy Guidelines.
- Attending supplier and customer meetings.
- Monitor staff performance.
- Ensure a fair allocation of work across the whole department.
- Identify training needs.
- Maximise cash collections in order to reduce debtor days and ageing of debt.
- Ensure UK and Overseas suppliers are paid in a timely fashion and all queries actioned within a reasonable period.
- Make recommendations to streamline and improve daily accounting functions.
- Compile report and produce data as required - daily, weekly, monthly.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and annual deadlines are met.
- Liaise with non-Finance General Managers and Managers within the organisation.
- Adopt a pro-active attitude to resolve problems both internally and externally.
- Assisting with the yearly and half yearly audit.
- Supporting the FC and any other task as delegated by the FC.
A successful candidate will be available on short notice & have experience with the above.
Salary £50,000 - £60,000