Senior Associate - Actuarial
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
The successful candidate will be based in Malaysia and will be working for PwC Malaysia and other South East Asia countries. Will also have opportunities to work alongside senior actuaries and staff at other offices serving clients ranging from multi-international insurers and reinsurers to new start-ups. Work will involve all aspects of life insurance, including pricing, reserving (local statutory, IFRS and international GAAP), risk and capital management, Merge and Acquisition modelling and other types of insurance projects.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in life insurance industry, either with a direct life insurance company or with a consulting firm with actuarial work
- Attained an internationally recognized actuarial qualification. Having good progress in actuarial exams
- Nearly qualified/Qualified (SOA/IFOA) is a plus
- Knowledge on actuarial software (Prophet is a plus)
- Knowledge on IFRS17 and experience in IFRS17 implementation is a plus
- Experience in Financial reporting (actuarial valuation and RBC capital)
- Experience in Enterprise risk management and capital management related experience is a plus
- Strong relationship building, time management and project management skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Working efficient in a team
- Other job-related skills (VBA, data analytics, etc)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.