Senior Consultant – Financial Services Advisory – Financial Accountant
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing financial services firm delivering innovative solutions to clients across the country. Our Financial Services Advisory (FSA) Division brings industry specific expertise to support our clients in navigating complex Regulatory, Strategic, Digital and Change management challenges. At Grant Thornton our focus is on people; both building deep client relationships and investing in our staff to help them to realise their potential and achieve their ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Financial Service Consulting Team working in a dynamic environment, supporting our clients on a range of projects covering Financial Reporting, Financial Accounting, as well as Change and Transformation projects.
This role will suit a part qualified or a recently qualified accountant looking to pursue a career in professional services. The candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience in financial accounting / financial reporting with experience in asset management in industry or practice being an advantage.
This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden skillset into other areas within our advisory practice working on varied and interesting client projects and transformation.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Lend their experience in a dynamic team environment
- Be a relationship builder with a strong personality
- Display an inquisitive nature and openness in learning new things
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and be eager for a varied work load
Main responsibilities may include:
- Preparation and review of annual and semi-annual financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP or experience in audit review of financial statements
- Delivery of financial statements in line with agreed deadlines and ability to follow checklists, procedures and process requirements
- Month and Year-end close preparation and accounting as well as liaison with auditors
- Assisting the month-end close, which will include reporting financial performance
- Identify areas of improvement in financial reporting and related process to support client efficiencies
- Support trainees and junior members of staff in delivery
- Collate KPIs and management information for weekly / monthly client meetings using PowerPoint, Excel and other dashboards
- Liaising with auditors, internal operational teams and client financial reporting teams
- Support and delivery on other financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, internal audit, business process transformation and project management
Skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services/asset management industry either directly or through practice or exposure to financial statement and annual report delivery in industry
- ACA/ACCA part qualified or newly qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments an advantage
- Proficient accountant, with knowledge and understanding of IFRS, US GAAP and other regulatory and compliance standards for financial reporting purposes
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry an advantage
- Strong Microsoft office skills in particular advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise
- Excellent attention to detail in report writing and narrative content
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (particularly IFRS and US GAAP)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.