Senior Associate - Tax Dispute Resolution
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Dispute Resolution Network practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients manage tax disputes, audits, and examinations worldwide by implementing consistent and defensible practices and policies. You’ll help our clients develop coordinated approaches to audits and disputes around the globe, adopt preventative measures, and leverage both traditional and new alternative dispute resolution techniques in order to achieve best results.
- The role will involve you dealing with all tax enquiries and investigations from the early stage introduction to the settlement of the tax dispute
- Manage the tax audits / investigations process through a pro-active role to mitigate tax risks of the client
- Advising the client on tax issues relating to the tax audits / investigations and its implications
- Advice on information / documentation preparation
- Review document for onward submission to the tax authorities
- Attend meetings to present / explain the position taken by the Company on the issues raised or document submitted
- Tax legislation and case law research in relation to the issues raised by tax authorities
- Shortening the investigation period through satisfactory resolution of issues between the client’s company and tax authorities
- To discuss with the Company the overall strategy on finalisation and settlement of the client’s Company tax dispute
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- At least 2 years’ strong Corporate Tax and / or Tax Dispute Resolution experience. Those with legal background with experience handling Corporate Tax cases will also be considered
- Must possess very strong financial and analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Comfortable with handling conflicts
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent at formulating persuasive legal and commercial arguments
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.