Head of Finance - Fresh Foods
About the role
We are actively seeking a Head of Finance to lead all aspects of our Fresh Foods finance department. As a department, we are responsible for sourcing fresh food products from around the world which deliver value and quality for our customers across all ranges, whilst delivering a level of profitability in line with set Budgets.
As a member of the Fresh Foods Leadership Team you will business partner our key personnel within Fresh Foods and manage the Fresh finance team. You will be responsible for leading the finance plan, supporting & driving your teams to deliver critical initiatives & supporting with better decision making.
You will be responsible for
- Business Partnering the Fresh Foods Commercial Director and the wider Fresh Foods Leadership Team to shape the strategy and understand/challenge the financial impact of commercial plans, propositions and initiatives.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best and continue their development and progression
- Leading the overall financial plan for Fresh Foods (Long Term Plan, budget, rolling forecasts and monitoring risks and opportunities)
- Ensuring that the team consider, analyse, and interpret key trends to produce accurate commercial forecasts
- Providing proactive insight and challenge to support decision making
- Collaborating with partners to guide investment decisions, ensuring robust assumptions, and providing assurance that decisions are aligned with strategy and set in the context of the financial plan
- Identifying and delivering a targeted working capital improvement plan (stock, receivables and payables)
- Adding value – in a business the size of ours, there are significant opportunities to be uncovered. This role is well placed to see opportunities and drive actions that deliver these opportunities
- Partnering the Sourcing, Commodities & Capability team to optimise existing supplier relationships
- Supporting the delivery of the Fresh Foods plan by building robust business cases and driving continuous improvement
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
To be a Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent, with experience in driving strategic priorities within a large sophisticated organisation. We require an individual adept at engaging and working with senior business partners, who possesses highly evolved financial analysis skills and has the ability and confidence to lead and develop a team.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Health screening every 2 years
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.