Regional Costing Manager [ Manufacturing Costing ]
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out variance analysis between actual and standard costs to assist management in decision making or other financial initiatives. You will also monitor, analyse, and report on inventory valuation, production, and various other costs including productivity analysis.
Our client is one of the fast-growing Manufacturing industries that expanding their business on a global scale. They have created a new role - Regional Costing Manager to be based in their Shared Services, working closely with the regional team based in the US and others APAC countries while directly reporting to the Head of SSC.
- Work with regional stakeholders to identify costing efficiencies, variance analysis transfer pricing and inventory valuation.
- Organize and communicate with finance team in respective countries to conduct forecast, analysis and strategic planning.
- Ensure proper valuation of inventories to minimize impairment as at year end.
- Analyze production conversion cost and set expectations of daily production levels. Providing analysis to support the management of COGS & Inventory targets, including COGS improvement initiatives, inventory lifecycle management such as obsolescence and new product introduction, standard cost setting and analysis, warranty management.
- Review completed jobs, ensure job costs are properly captured and analyze job variances.
- Involve in monthly management reporting and closing.
- Work with regional team to ensure they communicate with their respective plants to forecast on production volumes, allocation of inventories and ensure costs are accurately reflected in Cost of goods sold.
- Cover additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Analyze financial aspects of the business, covering distribution costs for various divisions and analyze actual vs standard costs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to provide recommendation to optimize business processes.
- Ensure full adherence to accounting policies, processes, procedures and authorization levels; as well as SOX controls.
- Ensure company compliance with financial reporting and control requirements through relevant and up to date policies and asset controls
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent; Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA from a recognised tertiary institution is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in costing and business partnering exposure with manufacturing, and broad working understanding of different parts of the Organisation
- MUST have good knowledge in manufacturing accounting, including developing standard costs and managing the costing/inventory system.
- Sound financial accounting and management accounting knowledge and internal controlling processes - costing is high essential for this position
- Hands on experience in Financial accounting (eg. month end close of ledgers (GL), reporting of results, variance analysis, inventory subledger, reconciliation of inventory ledger to general ledger is required for this position. Experience in fixed asset management is an added advantage.
- MUST have experience in product costing (yearly standard cost update) and candidates with transfer pricing experience will have an added advantage
- Working knowledge of costing & financial modules within an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP is required for this position
- Good hands on experience in MS Excel (Advanced level) and Powerpoint is a plus for this role.
- Good written and oral English communication
The candidate will be exposed to the end to end costing spectrum, taking accountability to lead a team and implementing cost saving initiatives as well as be involved in management decisions.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact En Xin Yap on +603 2302 4065.