Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the biggest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. In Ireland our audit and assurance department has grown considerably over the last number of years. Within the audit and assurance department our financial services division has experienced exceptional growth due to the continued success story of the financial services industry in Ireland along with our tracked record of delivering high quality services to a wide range of clients operating within the sector. We specialise in providing auditing and assurance services to the following market sectors:
- investment management - hedge funds, traditional investment funds, private equity funds, investment managers and stockbrokers
- banking and payments
- insurance - general insurance, re-insurance and captive insurance companies
- aircraft leasing
- special purpose vehicles and section 110 companies
- credit unions
- pension schemes
Arising from this growth we are seeking to strengthen our existing financial services audit team with audit assistant managers to meet the needs of current and future clients operating within all of the sectors listed above.
You will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team working closely with our clients alongside partners and directors. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved in all aspects in the running of the department and the team. A keen interest in business development, exploring new business ideas and presenting them to the partner group is also required.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts competitive remuneration packages and ongoing career progression for the right candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of audit clients to ensure delivery of multi-disciplined services in line with engagement objectives, scope and budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate engagement teams to deliver services to clients within set deadlines.
- Actively participate in the management of the department, including the review of work of team members and participation in wider Business Unit projects, including L&D initiatives.
- Participate in business development activities including preparation of proposals.
- Proactively develop and maintain client relationships.
- Act as a mentor within the team, balancing the needs of the team with the commercial requirements of the firm.
- Lead by example, demonstrating a clear ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest standards of quality and risk management.
- Prepare client reports detailing the scope, results of the procedures performed, issues found and recommendations for corrective and preventative actions to resolve them.
- Work with client financial and regulatory reporting teams to help prepare and review statutory financial statements, and deliver other financial information.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CPA qualified with a minimum 1-2 years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of financial services entities (or any recent audit experience together with other experience of working in the financial services sector)
- excellent communication skills (written and oral communication, especially report writing skills)
- strong technical competence including extensive knowledge of auditing and assurance standards and IFRS; knowledge of US GAAP and FRS 102 are desirable
- project management experience
- strong interpersonal skills, initiative and attention to detail
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.