Global Accounting Operations_EMEA Expense Accounting - Assistant Vice President
Basic Purpose of Job::
The Expense Accounting COE will be responsible for all aspects of US GAAP, accrual accounting and day-to-day management of a team of 5-20 experienced Accounting professionals (the level of specialists and analysts) that provide support to Global Accounting Controllers and Finance Controllers group.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described below, this role will lead the process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Collaborate closely with the onshore team to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables of the team are load balanced as compared to team staffing.
- Develop the team to adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Manage resources to assist with ad-hoc projects and new transactions to support the GAO Accounting controller group
- Lead the day to day activities of an accounting and reporting team that is performing Accounting & Reporting
- Performing managerial reasonableness reviews and discussing reporting & analytics deliverables prepared by the team to ensure results make sense, that messaging is on point for the audience and ensuring the core objective of the deliverable is met
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, findings
- First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
- May serve as a subject matter expert on a particular accounting transactions.
- Coaches the team and works with onshore leadership to establish the team member goals and gather feedback for performance appraisals.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team. Team deliverables revolve around;
- Be primarily responsible for the completion of the following activities through the team and self
- Monitor General Ledger activity for accuracy based on US GAAP rules
- Prepare manual journal entries
- Coordinate month-end close including prepare manual journal entries
- Preparation of prepaid amortization schedules and journal entry postings
- Prepare account reconciliations and certification
- Prepare Regulatory, SEC, and Internal reporting
- Perform SOX control testing as required
- Process Intercompany expense settlements
- Perform CIS control testing
- Assist in annual audit collaboration (Internal and External)
- Prepare and update process narratives/procedures and flow charts
- Response to internal and external requests including variance analysis and inquires
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects and new transactions
- General ledger account maintenance requests
- Perform user access reviews & certifications
- Accounting systems maintenance and upgrade
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Lead the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation
- Responsibility for ongoing process improvements
- Responsibility for execution of right-placement strategy
- Implementation support of the GAO process re-engineering and automation efforts
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.