Financial Data Associate
The Global Middle Office (GMO) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services, and other broad operational support to Moody’s Investors Service’s Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The GMO has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives, and technology projects.
As a Financial Data Associate in the Global Middle Office, you will work closely with Credit Analysts in various business lines and geographies as well as other GMO team members to ensure credit rating actions are published and disseminated in a timely fashion while ensuring compliance with global regulatory requirements and internal control processes. As part of this role, you will initiate credit rating actions utilizing various systems, validate the accuracy and timeliness of information and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for application of global regulatory controls (e.g., Dodd-Frank) and internal credit policy requirements are adhered to across the end-to-end credit ratings process
- Create and prepare rating actions while ensuring accuracy and completeness of credit rating packages
- Validate accuracy and consistency of financial information included in press releases, credit opinions, and other published documentation.
- Review documentation and information sources to ensure organizations, debts, sales, deals, and credit rating actions are accurately reflected in various systems/databases
- Assess credit rating action publications for compliance with local regulatory requirements, accuracy in credit rating information, and appropriate disclosures
- Publish credit rating action press releases to Moody’s websites and global financial publication networks
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g. Bachelor’s degree)
- Experience with debt capital markets would be an advantage (e.g., coursework and/or relevant work experience) with prior experience of financial/legal document review
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to accept new challenges and demonstrate flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines and has ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint