Financial Data Analyst - Financial Institutions Group (FIG) - European Languages
The Analytic Data Management (ADM) team consists of a diverse set of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) supporting Banking, Insurance, Corporate Finance, Sovereign, Public Finance and Structured Finance Lines of Business. The teams are located in Vilnius, London, New York, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, and Tokyo in order to support Analysts based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific. FDAs contribute towards the financial analysis part of the rating process which has a significant impact on any given rating.
Financial Data Analysts have a significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers. The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth. The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial statements, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements
- European language, such as French, Italian or German is required
- B.A. or B.S. degree required; specializations in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is required
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment