Model Development Quantitative Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
Model Development Quantitative Analyst, AVP will report to the Head of Model Development in Poland and will be responsible of supporting the US team to conduct model development activities within existing ERM department. The Poland team will cover the models used at State Street to make business and operating decisions—most notably regulatory and macroeconomic models. Currently, we are searching for the senior macroeconomic models developer.Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible for
As Model Development Quantitative Analyst you will
- Support the US team to conduct model development activities and ensure model risks are correctly identified, assessed, and captured
- Assess model theory and model assumptions as well as consider model methods and potential options.
- Test and confirm model results by using documented procedures for running the model(s).
- Write the code documentation for proper model implementation.
- Work with model validation team members and information technology professionals to determine model risk and integrity.
- Assess the stability and robustness of models by conducting backtesting, sensitivity testing, and stress testing.
- Ensure compliance with the State Street quality requirements for model risk.
- Deliver the model results on regular meetings with business experts.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent coding skills with experience in either R, Python, Matlab, C++, SAS and/or SQL.
- High proficiency in the use of standard MS Office software: Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and management, calculus, statistics, probability and simulation modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and analysis to senior management
- Hands-on and results oriented, willingness to work in a position with uneven and high priority project work
- Willingness and ability to master concepts quickly
- Ability to gain trust and respect of business partners
- At least 4 years of experience in roles related to quantitative finance or quantitative research (model validation, model development, model audit, ALM etc.), including model documentation and implementation;
- PhD in related disciplines or Master’s degree with extensive business knowledge and strong technical skills (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering); CFA, FRM or PRM designation a plus
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.