Credit Risk Audit Manager
Description of Business Unit:
Group Internal Audit (GIA), together with Group Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group, providing assurance on the effectiveness of the first and second lines of defence in risk management, internal control and corporate governance across the Group. We provide independent challenging, risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholder's needs. Our key stakeholders include the Court, Group Audit Committee (and subsidiary audit committees), the Court Risk Committee and senior management, as well as other key parties, including the Group's regulations and external auditors. We have a Group-wide remit and, as a result, have a deep insight into all of the Group's activities and access to the most senior levels within the Group.
Purpose of the Role:
Working as part of a professional audit team you will assist in providing independent, challenging and risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholders' needs. Some of our stakeholders include the Group Audit Committee, Court Risk Committee, senior management and regulators in Ireland, the UK and the US. The credit risk assurance team within GIA provides reasonable risk-based assurance that credit risk is being appropriately managed across the Group.
In the role you will work as part of an assurance team for models and provide subject matter expertise on Credit Risk models. In that capacity you will perform and lead individual credit risk audit assignments, focused on these Models, either as stand-alone reviews or as part of wider audits in conjunction with other GIA team members. You will also gain knowledge of end-to-end credit risk management across a diversified multi-national financial services group, gaining exposure to a variety of credit risk units and their management teams.
You will be part of a small high-performing team of professionals, working together as a key enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work.
- Timely delivery of the credit risk assurance plan through performing and/or leading individual credit risk assurance assignments, focused on Credit Risk models and producing high quality work papers and reports.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in the area of credit risk modelling.
- Play a lead or key role in assignments relating to credit risk models, such as audits relating to the development, validation or ongoing management of credit decisioning, IRB, impairment or loan loss forecasting models.
- Maintain GIA's audit strategy for credit IRB models and contribute to the 6-monthly audit planning process to ensure effective third line coverage of credit risk.
- Manage relationships with designated senior model risk managers.
- Ensure that appropriate action plans are agreed in respect of identified audit issues and that issues are not closed until actions are appropriately evidenced.
- Support GIA's senior leadership team in the ongoing development of GIA's capability and execution of its strategy, including embracing agile audit techniques.
What the Opportunity?
Join our dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing. This is a unique opportunity to view the Bank through a holistic lens. You will work closely with stakeholders across the Group to provide 'Independent Insight and Opinion'. Enjoy a culture which is passionate about putting our values into action and Growing In Ambition.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in credit risk model development, validation and/or ongoing management.
- Strong knowledge of existing and upstream regulations relating to credit risk models including the Capital Requirements Regulation, IFRS 9, and relevant EBA regulatory technical standards and EBA/ECB guidelines.
- Proven ability to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships.
- Strong planning and leadership skills, with the ability to fully engage staff at all levels.
- Track record that demonstrates sound judgement, drive, agility and resilience.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous audit experience.
- Third level qualification in a quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as SAS, Python and R.
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 15, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.