Project Management, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking an experienced manager who will be responsible for governance of projects across the APAC region. They will execute their responsibilities leveraging requisite project management and strategic planning skills.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Institutional Services (IS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Management you will
- Provide governance to the portfolio of business projects requested within the APAC region, facilitating decisions on priority and resourcing with Senior Management
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the right engagement and alignment is achieved on the project portfolio against local, regional and global goals.
- For individual projects
- Act as Project Manager, documenting and overseeing the development and execution of the Project Plan, including supporting artefacts (i.e. dashboards, test plans etc.) for each initiative.
- Ensure Project Plans identify and address all known risk items.
- Ensure appropriate & timely escalation of critical issues to key stakeholders.
- Manage the project team and project governance, including reporting to key stakeholders such as Steering Committees, Joint Steering Committees, and sub Working Groups.
- Focus on best practice "Change Management" techniques
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven track record in Project Management within their prior roles.
- A detailed knowledge of fund accounting (and related services) and custody concepts is desirable
- A demonstrated ability to perform project analysis to ensure an accurate & thorough understanding of the project’s requirements, timeframes, risks and alternatives
- Excellent communicate skills and confidence with dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Presentation skills; being able to present ideas effectively to an audience (internal &/or external)
- An ability to identify, resolve and escalate critical project issues
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team
- Results Orientated
- Good MS Power Point, Word, Excel skills
- Knowledge of MS Project and Visio
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Financial Services background, including custody, accounting &/or back office administration
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.