Consulting, Financial Services – Insurance Advisory – Senior Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of consulting services to our Banking, Insurance & Financial Services clients. PwC's Insurance consulting practice provides services in business transformation areas including:
- Customer experience
- Top down business strategy
- Operational transformation, process reengineering, automation
- Market assessment and opportunity identification
- Digital & Technology
- Cost rationalization
- Productivity agenda, and other related topics
The Insurance industry is undergoing fundamental transformation as it comes up against the impact of new regulation, new technology, accelerating shifts in consumer demand and mounting competition from InsurTech players.
As a member of our growing team, you will navigate this increasingly complex and uncertain business and geopolitical landscape by helping organizations become more effective by looking beyond the traditional boundaries of the insurance business to improve the way they operate; manage costs; better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping insurance sector positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
As a Senior Manager, you will build and manage project teams to deploy innovative end-to-end solutions for our clients on transformation projects, across the above-mentioned areas:
- Responsible for sales and delivery of insurance proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as market leading trusted advisor for our insurance clients.
- Lead sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the insurance platform in terms of revenue terms.
- Manage and lead assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring targets are met.
- Build and enhance insurance team capabilities by always being up to date with trends in the market and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Managers, Consultants and Senior Consultants within the team.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst working in the Insurance Consulting team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Insurance experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
- CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
- Years of Experience 10+ years of experience in the insurance industry – management consulting experience with insurance sector focus will be preferred
- Middle East insurance experience is preferred
- Language Skills: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.) Bilinguals with Arabic language are preferred.
- Good understanding of insurance solutions (products) life cycle
- Exposure to digital transformation project(s)
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery.
- Strong ability to manage large project/ consulting teams (10+).
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated track record in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Strong portfolio / program/ project management skills.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.