Senior VAT Consultant Indirect Tax Operations
Do you have a passion to work for global clients of Deloitte to provide tax compliance services? Are you ready to become part of the future of Indirect tax and take the next step in your career? Are you ready to fulfill your potential and want to have a significant impact to global initiatives? If the answer to all of the above is “Yes,” come join us!
At Deloitte, we are leading clients through the tax transformation taking place in the marketplace. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax services and add greater impact to clients by combining technology and tax technical resources to uncover insights and smarter solutions for navigating an increasingly complex global environment.
To assist our clients in dealing with the intricacies of indirect tax, our Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) based in Brussels (Belgium) proposes the services of a multi-disciplinary team of over 150 specialists (lawyers, economists, accountants, IT-specialist, project managers) drawn from all over Europe (20 nationalities mastering over 25 languages), who are highly experienced in assisting companies with multi-jurisdiction VAT-compliance, dealing with the complexities of local regulations and procedures – such as communicating with local tax authorities, setting up new VAT registrations and filling Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
Our team in Hyderabad, India consists in over 100 professionals dealing not only with pan-European Indirect Tax compliance but also with Statutory Accounting, Corporate Income Tax compliance, and general Project Management (including Engagement Coordination and Business Development).
Work you’ll do
An increasingly complex tax landscape with real-time reporting requirements, a wide variety of technological opportunities and increasing talent needs have a big impact on any company. More and more companies are looking to partner up with Deloitte to work together as a single team and take ownership of the indirect tax function. As part of one of our operate teams, you get to experience the end-to-end tax processes working closely together with the stakeholders within the client’s business (PTP, RTR, banking,…), while being an authentic part of the client’s team. So, are you a team player and do you tick each of the boxes for the below responsibilities & requirements…?
To list some of key responsibilities:
- Get to know your client’s business inside-out and play a key role in their global indirect tax compliance deliverables in the end-to-end process and play a key role in the team’s future development.
- Review of the data extraction work performed to ensure quality standards are met.
- Review the results of the data cleansing activities through our internal tools & spotting opportunities for improvements continuously.
- Responsible for reviewing & signing-off periodical Indirect Tax returns following well-defined and standardized processes and perform pre-agreed quality checks
- Review & approval, reconciliation and submission of pan-European accounting and tax administration, including VAT, Intrastat and other related declarations and computations. The Review/approval work will have a healthy balance and allow you to further grow towards a more senior position in the team.
- Review of the year-to-date reconciliations of the VAT ledger, General ledger & trial balance.
- Provide guidance for the analysis of open & ageing items to ensure these are picked up within a maximum of 3 months. This includes reviewing the instructions to the accounting / banking teams, requesting reclassifications of amounts or performing inter-company recharges.
- Assist our clients with VAT and Intrastat audits and information requests on a Pan European basis
- Assist in monitoring of client information, including client work status and client contact details
- Working with the India offshore location of Deloitte’s Global Tax Center (Europe), playing a key role in providing European Indirect Tax services to our international clients.
- Responsible for preparing necessary management reporting and getting trained to spot possible Indirect Tax issues and opportunities that lead to efficiencies for our team and the client.
- Full time Bachelor’s (B. Com.) in Commerce or Masters ( MBA) equivalent from reputed University with minimum of 60% and above or equivalent CGPA (or Relevant Experience: 4+ years)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products — Excel is a must
- Ability to multi-task various client responsibilities through prioritization of activities
- Capability of handling high work pressure during busy season
- Ability to integrate rapidly with existing team
- Solid analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Good personal organizational skills and commitment to customer service
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Aptitude for learning technology
- A people-development skillset that allows you to work as a team and guide more junior members
- Any additional European language is an asset
- Prior experience in an Operate setting or in the Industry is an asset
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.