Audit Manager Financial Services
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Turning numbers into insights is how our team makes a real and tangible impact on our client’s business. We’re passionate about what we do because we know our role as auditors go far beyond checking figures and financials. Whether it’s working for banks, insurance companies, fund managers or other companies in the financial services industry, we take the time to analyse what the data means and determine its accuracy and relevance to each business and design services specifically for them.
Work you’ll do
- You’ll lead a team in planning, managing and executing Audit and/or Assurance engagements within a risk-based environment, maintaining high quality and professional standards
- You’ll develop strong relationships with clients in order to identify, package and implement business solutions that help them grow and become more successful
- You’ll engage in presenting our approach, methodology and findings with client executive management, audit committee members and board members
- You’ll engage in reporting and presenting our work and findings with respect to regulatory reporting to regulatory supervisory bodies like the National Bank of Belgium, the European Central Bank and the Financial Services Market Authority in Belgium
- You’ll act as a role model and mentor for less experienced members of the team, provide on-the-job training, and develop talented team members through evaluation and counselling
- You’ll define the project structure and allocate the right resources, delivering on time and on budget
- You’ll identify and effectively deal with risks, project extensions, etc.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an auditor with a special focus on financial institutions (mainly banking and/or insurance companies) or you have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a professional within audit or finance or risk department at a banking and/or insurance company
- You have a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and are able to deliver high quality engagements. Next to that, you are able to provide the appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
- You have a master's degree
- Full membership of an internationally recognised professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA or CPA) and/or an auditor's license is considered a plus
- You have the ability to make effective presentations for top client management and broader stakeholders
- You are IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) literate
- You have good knowledge of or interest in industry specific regulation (e.g. CRD/CRR, solvency II, etc.)
- You are a team player with proven leadership and management skills
- You are client- and results-oriented and demonstrate entrepreneurial flair, drive and commercial ability
- You are computer literate
- You are fluent in English and at least one of the national languages in Belgium (French / Dutch)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Benefits & what’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and continuous learning and coaching are part of the people culture. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.