Associate - QDS
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The Quantitative and Derivative Strategies Group (QDS) provides investment strategies and quantitative models and bespoke strategies to external clients and the sales desk. We are looking for proactive, self-starting individual to be part of QDS Asia group. This is a challenging role and offering exposure to an interesting, dynamic product group and work environment to build your career in.
Responsibilities for this role would involve:
- Support for new equity and multi-asset index development - back testing, coding, tweaking codes etc.
- Support for new market flow analysis – data extraction, data preprocess, custom analysis, data / strategy feed
- Development of processes to improve index support, e.g. scripts to aid debugging, index code refactoring and standardisation
- Index oversight - Daily monitoring of the complex indices & resolving calculation issues (data problems, calendar errors, common code errors etc.)
- Overseeing Index rebalance processes for client directed strategies
- Improvement of processes around data feeds for live index publication
- Production of periodic standard performance reporting for client distribution
- Development and production of position, stress, composition reports for clients
- Bespoke scenario/sensitivity analysis for clients
- Degree with a quantitative discipline (BE, BTech, MS in Maths/Statistics/Financial Engineering) from Tier 2 institutes
- 1-2 year of prior exposure to Index/Quants Research and equities/multi asset indices analytics is important.
- Computer Skills: programming skills such as Linux (mandatory), Git (mandatory), Python (mandatory), C++ (preferred).
- Must be able to flexibly respond to changes in priorities, be able to communicate results to a less-technical audience, work well in a team and be comfortable in a front office environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills/Ability to express ideas via writing. Prior track record in writing marketing material/trade ideas for wider distribution will be advantageous.
- Proactiveness / Initiative taking & Teamwork