Senior Tax Accountant, Corporate Tax
KPMG International is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and have over 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG has been working in Ukraine since 1992, and our goal has always been to use the firm's global intellectual potential, combined with the practical experience of our Ukrainian professionals, to help leading companies to achieve their goals. In Ukraine, KPMG's offices are in Kyiv and Lviv.
What we do:
KPMG has a team of highly-qualified tax consultants and lawyers with in-depth knowledge of frequently changing Ukrainian legislation. We also advise our clients on tax disputes and tax authorities' stance on various issues.
Corporate Tax Group provides clients with a wide range of services, including:
- Review of the tax reporting of the Ukrainian and international businesses in respect of corporate income tax, VAT and other taxes (core and main services provided by the Group)
- Consulting on practical application of the Ukrainian tax laws, accounting and financial reporting standards, both Ukrainian National Accounting Standards (UNAS) and IAS/IFRS
- Preparing official requests to the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine and to the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine on the legislatively unsettled accounting and tax treatment matters
- Preparing or amending of accounting policies, internal orders and other source documents, effective structuring of the document flow confirming accounting and tax records and declarations figures
- Tax support of UNAS=&>IFRS transition
- Mergers and acquisitions projects
- Deferred taxes (calculation, verification, methodological consulting and trainings), etc.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work full time as a team member under the supervision of a Tax Manager. Based on your experience and knowledge, you will initially focus on the following tasks:
- Participation as a tax team member in the tax reviews, including analyzing certain areas of accounting records, tax reporting and primary documents of Ukrainian companies, verifying tax treatment of business transactions
- Performing researches in the legal databases (both Ukrainian and international) on tax and accounting matters as per clients requests. Reporting to a Senior Consultant or Manager on results of the research
- Assisting Senior Consultants and Managers with drafting proposals and responses to clients' requests
- Preparing relevant sections of the tax and accounting advices and review reports according to your responsibilities and tasks delegated to you
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Based on the experience that you will have acquired, you will gradually take a more overall responsibility on the client engagements, including in-depth analysis of tax and accounting issues, preparation of deliverables and managing junior team members
- Knowledge of the Tax Code of Ukraine and UNAS. IAS/IFRS and international taxation knowledge is a great plus
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in accounting/ finance/ tax. Experience within Big4, other reputable consulting companies or industry sector (e.g., trading and producing entities, pharmacy, IT, etc.) will be a plus, but not strictly required
- Good command of spoken and written Russian, Ukrainian and English
- Strong analytical and communicative skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and learn fast
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Audit or Taxation.
- Goal-oriented, ambitious and ready to work hard
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Friendly, confident, attentive to details
- Eager to respond to new challenges and undertake difficult assignments (be sure - they would)
What we offer:
- Dynamic international environment, with a great team of dedicated professionals and innovation leaders within one of the most world-known names in Tax
- Challenging assignments and transparent path of career and professional growth
- Fair compensation and social package
- International assignment opportunities
- Comfortable office close to the city center