Extended Assurance - Senior / Assistant Manager, Financial Services - Leeds / Manchester
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our Extended Assurance team across Leeds and Manchester. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance practice provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the quality of governance, processes and controls managing financial and non-financial risks within a business.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms’ internal processes, e.g., through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. The processes require a broader set of controls than those traditionally used for Financial Statement reporting, including the requirement to address a wider suite of risks.
EY’s Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial assurance reviews (e.g. COREP, Client Assets), regulatory reporting assurance (MIFID), financial crime reviews (AML, Sanctions), general business process and controls advice, internal audit and compliance services;
- Work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners;
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm’s and industry standards;
- Coach other team members, share experiences, share knowledge and generate new ideas with them.
Skills and attributes for success:
Desire to build / develop a career in assisting financial services clients with technology controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Professional qualification, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- We are looking for assurance/governance/internal audit professionals who have a strong background in Financial Services.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent;
- External audit or internal controls / audit experience;
- Background in financial services, either working with financial services clients in an Assurance capacity or in industry with a blue chip employer;
- Particular industry specialism experience preferably in Banking & Capital Markets or Wealth and Asset Management.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry, and an ability to document business processes and control diagrams.
- We are looking for people with banking and capital markets or wealth and asset management knowledge. You need to have an ability to identify the operational risks within a process and design controls testing programs to assess the quality of control over these risks.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential.
What we look for
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.