Senior Manager, VAT - Manchester
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in Manchester, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
Crowe U.K. LLP has a national UK VAT team of over 20 people and has enjoyed a period of sustained growth and success in recent years.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced UK VAT specialist who will enjoy a varied role working across corporate, not for profit and private clients in the Manchester region.
The candidate will be the senior VAT resource in the Manchester office and will be expected to work with the local office partners and staff in developing VAT services and client relationships in the region.
The individual will be supported by the partners and staff in the national VAT unit. In particular, there will be close working relationships with other members of the VAT team in the Midlands, Cheltenham and Manchester offices.
Skills & experience required
- Experienced UK VAT generalist able to advise on both corporate and not for profit matters.
- The Manchester office client base includes property & construction, retail, manufacturing, national charities and private schools. However, there is a varied portfolio.
- Client facing role that will necessitate the need to build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- Providing VAT technical support to other service lines within Crowe such as our outsourced tax and accounting services business.
- A focus on marketing and business development in order to raise the profile of both Crowe and our VAT services in the external market. This will involve both regional and national activity.
- People development and leadership skills. The candidate will have management responsibility for one junior member of staff, with future recruitment expected should the size of the local VAT business develop as its potential suggests it could.
Within the scope of this job there is the opportunity to progress to director and partnership subject to business case. This would then mean a VAT portfolio and responsibility for all 3 offices.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.