Senior Manager, Finance Change Delivery - Cost Transformation
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Manager level consultant with a strong delivery track record in the Finance function, specifically cost, profitability and cost allocation. We are seeking people who can apply their change, line or technology skills to design and deliver cost and profitability solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Manager within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in Retail Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients, and lead engagement teams, to provide valuable insight and advice to support clients to make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will be a leader in enabling the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing delivery of large-scale cost, profitability and cost allocation projects by managing the project team, assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Effectively leading the design, development and implementation of strategic and operational cost initiatives
- Understanding of cost, profitability and cost allocation technologies (e.g. Anaplan, Apptio, HPCM, PaPM)
- Insights into end to end cost processes including costing, billing, reporting and recharging
- Understanding of service company structures and structuring of services from a cost standpoint.
- Knowledge of leveraging cost transparency to drive multiple stakeholder requirements i.e. regulatory compliance, profitability and cost reduction
- Knowledge of best in class cost MI standards and KPIs
- Experience in shaping and delivering cost transformation initiatives
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
- Being responsible for the financial management of client engagements
- Leading business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Leading the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance function
- Experience in leading delivery of large-scale Finance change programmes in Financial Services and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or
- leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Finance, Risk / Regulation or Treasury, management/cost accounting
- Cost reporting and management, Service Company or Business management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Experience of designing and implementing Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Control and Valuation – including demonstrable product knowledge (Capital Markets Candidates)
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, IBOR, ViR – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes / projects
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration, operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is desirable but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CIMA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.