Logistics Property Company, LLC (LPC), a rapidly growing industrial real estate owner, developer and manager in North America is seeking a full–time person to join the team in Atlanta, GA. LPC transacts business in various markets throughout the United States. The selected candidate will receive a market rate compensation package commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the accounting and reporting of LPC project and venture vehicles consolidated financial results. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that accounting and reporting policies are applied consistently and appropriately across the company. Experience in a large, complex environment, in process setup and improvement and prior exposure to Yardi Voyager would be advantageous.
A focus on process improvement, teamwork, and delivering results will be critical. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates and shares responsibility for the monthly close and consolidation process to prepare consolidated financial statements, which encompasses maintaining all accounting records, designing, executing financial controls, and preparing financial reports for management.
- Analytically reviews monthly reported consolidated results against previous periods, plan and forecast to identify unusual activity and/or transactions.
- Journal entries to record capital contributions and distributions on Real Estate Investment Trusts, Joint Ventures, and other investment partnerships.
- Record monthly equity contributions and distributions calculations and record journal entries to pick up income through a complex legal entity structure.
- Reconciliations of investment in subsidiary balances to ensure balances will eliminate in consolidation.
- Calculation of quarterly elimination entries and preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements for joint ventures.
- Support the external auditors to assist in their completion of an efficient audit of the project entities, including joint ventures (IFRS and GAAP).
- Responsible for maintenance and review of intercompany accounts to ensure appropriate elimination of intercompany transactions.
- Assists in preparation for monthly review meetings to discuss unusual transactions and review consolidated financial statements.
- Provides overall support by investigating accounting questions, issues, and judgments and by partnering with team members from other business units to assist with accounting questions.
- Assists with ad hoc projects assigned by senior management including analysis of business operations, proposed accounting treatment of unusual transactions, or other accounting and finance–related matters.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, with three to five years of professional work experience in accounting; public accounting experience, preferably with real estate experience, and/or CPA is preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Approaches cross–departmental relationships with a customer service mentality and works well with associates of all levels.
- Strong organizational, problem–solving, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Works well independently and as a member of various teams.
- Manages multiple projects and meets goals and deadlines timely and consistently.
- Requires minimal guidance to accomplish general tasks.
- Versatile, flexible, and thrives in an environment where there are constantly changing priorities.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager preferred
- Strong familiarity and use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Commercial Real Estate industry experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and be comfortable explaining accounting concepts to people with nonfinancial backgrounds
Logistics Property Company, LLC (LPC) is a real estate platform focused on the acquisition, development, and management of state–of–the–art logistics properties in key North American markets. The management team of LPC partnered with MIRA Real Estate – part of the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets division of Macquarie – on the formation of the platform. LPC currently manages properties in key logistics markets including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Kenosha, Mount Pocono, and Seattle–Tacoma with an estimated end value of over $1.5 billion. Headquartered in Chicago, LPC has offices in Atlanta, Baltimore–Washington, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and Seattle. For further information, please visit logisticspropco.com and
LPC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, and federal law.