Specialist, Tech Risk & Info Sec
The Information Security and Technology Risk team is seeking an experienced specialist to join the Northern Trust Cybersecurity Testing Practice. The Cybersecurity Testing Practice is responsible for testing and helping improve Northern Trust’s resiliency to cyber threats by simulating real world attacks and conducting cybersecurity assessments. As a lead of the Cybersecurity Testing Practice, you will work with a team of cybersecurity risk professionals to proactively test and assess Northern Trust’s ability to detect, react, and adapt to attacks.
As a specialist in the Cybersecurity Testing Practice, you will:
- Plan, oversee, and direct activities for Cybersecurity Testing in order to help Northern Trust identify, assess, and respond to risks
- Provide technical and risk management guidance during the execution of Red Team operations, penetration testing and cybersecurity assessments
- Manage communication of testing and assessment results with business, technology, and executive stakeholders
- Monitor progress of scheduled testing activities and escalate concerns appropriately
- Help to oversee financial and staff resources, including developing and managing capital and expense budgets, to accomplish the objectives set for the team
- Participate in performance management, career development, and diversity programs in the assigned areas
- Provide cybersecurity and risk management subject matter guidance to business and technology teams
- Maintain knowledge of changing technologies, attack methods, and emerging threat landscape within cybersecurity
- Establish and maintain process documentation for the practice areas
Knowledge / Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8 or more years of technical experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience scoping security testing engagements and developing technical proposals
- Extensive knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent in developing partnership-oriented relationships with internal business and functional leaders
- Experience with enterprise risk assessment methodologies
- Proficiency at multitasking in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users
- Proficiency in project management and managing technical teams
- Strong writing and communication skills for interacting with business, technical, and executive stakeholders
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, OSCP, or GPEN
- Experience performing application security assessments, including web applications, mobile applications, and web services
- Experience performing penetration testing, including internal, external, physical, and social engineering tests
- Experience in a financial services environment
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- •Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.