In House Tax Manager
The In House Tax Manager will report directly to the head of Tax & Treasury, delivering across a full range of tax services such as the preparation of UK Corporation Tax and VAT returns, overseeing the preparation of overseas tax returns, preparation of transfer pricing documentation and assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with ad hoc tax matters. There will also be the chance to collaborate on some exciting ad hoc projects.
This is a very successful digital retail business based in Manchester. As a fast-moving and top-performing UK retailer, this business values curiosity, collaboration and innovation, and prides itself on putting people at the heart of what they do. This position offers the chance to apply a strong tax knowledge and skill-set to drive the business forward in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
The In House Tax Manager's responsibilities include:
- Preparing and submitting quarterly UK VAT returns including Partial Exemption calculations, VAT Bad Debt Relief calculations and retail scheme calculations.
- Preparing and submitting the annual Corporation Tax returns and preparing Quarterly Instalment calculations.
- Overseeing the preparation of overseas Corporation Tax and VAT returns prepared by external advisors.
- Calculating the current and deferred tax charge and providing the tax disclosures for the group's financial statements (under IFRS).
- Maintaining accurate tax cash flow, budgeting and forecasting.
- Liaising with HMRC and statutory auditors with support from the Head of Tax & Treasury.
- Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with the maintenance of the group's tax governance and control processes including updating the Tax Strategy, Risk Register and SAO processes.
- Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with the identification of potential risks and opportunities.
The successful In House Tax Manager will have:
- Strong knowledge of relevant Corporation Tax and VAT issues.
- Experience with the preparation of complex Corporation Tax and VAT returns.
- Knowledge and experience of Partial Exemption and VAT Bad Debt Relief desirable but not essential.
- Experience of tax accounting for consolidated groups (preferably under IFRS).
- Excellent data management and processing skills.
- The ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Experience of using OneSource or Alphatax is desirable.
The successful In House Tax Manager will receive:
- £50,000 + a range of other benefits