Associate – TMG EMEA
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and requires working with the EMEA Transaction Management Group. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated person to assist the team in day to day activities.
Responsibilities for this role would involve:
- Filing and Maintenance of ETP/SN TMG mailbox/explorer folders
- Settlement and listing of trades
- ETP spot checks processing
- SN TMG reviews
- Uploading of BPs/Supplements on various websites (external and internal)
- File management of BPs/Supplements in explorer folders
- Assisting with reviewing of ETP FTs (preparing compares, basic review of tables)
- Dealing with trade approvals, especially through the various systems;
- Assisting with drafting, reviewing, distributing and maintaining, as applicable, of (automated) documentation for securitized derivatives products (Structured Products and Exchange Traded Products), including Increases, Notices in relation to e.g. Corporate Actions, Issuer Calls, Extraordinary Terminations.
- Closing and settling transactions – e.g. sending to various recipients, liaising with relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting with stats data and operations related matters and other requests, e.g. working with operations team to provide treasury function with quarterly stats.
- MBA with 1-2 years of experience.
- Experience in Derivatives/ Structured Products and/or Exchange Traded Products (not ETF business though).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Good Excel knowledge with some exposure on VBA/ Macro.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.