Private Equity Manager – Raleigh, NC
HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting, investor services and fund administration. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
Private Equity Department:
Due to its innovative technology and service offering HedgeServ’s closed end funds team is expanding in both Dallas and Ireland. The team currently services a mix of private equity, real estate and hybrid structures. The team works with its clients on collaborating new technology solutions as well as client service models to support unique structures and operating models to meet an evolving and growing area within the asset management industry.
A Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the closed end fund accounting process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Director and Managing Director. They will manage the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for closed end fund administration.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
Responsible for the day to day management of the Private Equity team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations, waterfall creation and maintenance
- Performance reporting including IRRs
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Private Equity Director to ensure consistency of service
- Ensure the assigned accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator
- Develop and improve workflows and procedures
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements
- Investigate accounting implications of new products
- Manage and complete client onboarding and transition
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training
- Manage fund accounting recruitment, training and performance evaluations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other stakeholder groups
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration firm with at least 3 of those at Supervisor level is desired. Private Equity Fund experience will be considered.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good people manager with the ability to coach and develop a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge – Investran experience ideal
- Committed to delivery of results
- Strong Client focus and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Take ownership of designated tasks on an individual and team basis
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.