Part Qualified Accountant X 2
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is an opportunity for a part-qualified or junior accounting candidate to join the largest department, within the largest fund administrator in Guernsey, thereby accessing a career path in the Private Equity space. The role will require the successful candidate to prepare, and assist in the preparation and initial review of the financial statements of entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Account preparation to include: Checking & maintaining ledger integrity, completion of appropriate checklists, closing down of accounting periods, preparing accounts for manager review/clearing points, sending accounts for inclusion in board packs, provision of information for US and UK tax returns; preparing standard account files and liaising with auditors as required
- Client Reporting; able to prepare and issue ad-hoc reports to clients
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management: ability to understand more complex transactions and cash management procedures for specific entities; checking bank account reconciliations and cash reports
- Company Secretarial duties: understanding of procedures of arranging reports for inclusion in board pack.
- Proforma Accounts: design pro forma accounts, ensuring they are in accordance with appropriate regulations/standards and agreed with clients/auditors; maintain capital accounts for limited partnerships
- Communication: Liaising with other departments such as fund administration; maintenance of client relationships; effective communication with client, investors and other associated parties (based worldwide); dealing with investor queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Preparation and review of management fee calculations
- Calls/Distributions: Develop understanding of the process; calculate the call/distribution amounts for recommendation by client
- Understand the process of the Transfer of Shares or Limited Partnership Interests, and be familiar with anti-money laundering regulations and how to maintain records
- The ideal candidate will be studying towards professional studies qualification. An Accounting Technician or Part- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Those with relevant experience seeking to undertake an accounting qualification will also be considered
- Knowledge of book-keeping and accounts preparation is required
- Intermediate Excel skills with knowledge of Macros would be beneficial (not essential)
- Good time management, ability to self-organise and prioritise workload is required
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal & Written) and fluency in the English language is required
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.