Staff Accountant I - R2R
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Accounting Office:
Staff Accountant I – R2R
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional accounting operation team
- Elevate your accounting processing knowledge
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Attractive performance driven incentives
- Participate in regional projects
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
We will count on you to:
- Assist in day to day accounting functions and processes as well as reporting of financial information
- May prepare journal entries, money moves, payments, billing, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements.Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- Prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances to forecast, budget and prior year.
- Coordinate revenue and expense accruals, while ensuring timely accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts or reports, which may include and not limited to; apply funds to insured records, process refunds to insured records, request payments for carriers and third parties.
- Presenting Findings to senior management, partners, carriers or clients.
- Assists with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for financial information while, providing guidance, advise and train junior/less experienced accountants.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables transactions in a Shared Service or Insurance environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Good command in English is required
What makes you stand out:
- Experienced in Record to Report (R2R)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Being team oriented