Analyst - Accounting Operations
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Accounting Office:
Analyst, Accounting Operations
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional accounting operation team
- Elevate your accounting processing knowledge
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Attractive performance driven incentives
- Participate in regional projects
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
We will count on you to:
- Assist in day to day accounting functions and processes as well as reporting of financial information
- Prepares journal and approves offshore journal entries, consolidated statements and client carrier reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve customer accounts/Insurers/Reinsurers issues and attend to queries raised by Country Finance, Broker or Underwriters
- Perform insurer /customer statement reconciliation and follow-up to clear un-identified/un-reconciled items
- Analyzes, maintains and reconciles the general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and administrative systems.
- Ensure timely and accurate month end close.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports. Duties may also include the preparation of required regulatory reporting
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliation (including bank and Interoffice) on a timely basis as well as resolve reconciling and unreconciling items on a timely basis.
- Adheres to the accounting principles and practices and regulatory environment and ensures these principles and practices are applied in the daily work.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for financial information as well as operational analysis using various reporting tools as consistent with a global business leader
What you need to have:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years of experience in General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables transactions in a Shared Service or Insurance environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Good command of English in both spoken and written
What makes you stand out:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Being team oriented