Technical Reporting Accountant
- Great opportunity for someone with a practice background looking for a first or second time move into industry
- A varied role with acquisition project work & senior stakeholder exposure
Industry-leading business with a Global presence who are eager to enhance their market share as they ramp up operations for 2021 & beyond.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- To continually review, challenge and assist in the development of all financial based systems and procedures in use across the company
- Assist in technical accounting projects including implementation of new financial reporting standards
- Prepare the year-end & interim consolidated financial statements under IFRS
- Assist in the integration of (or divestment) of any of the business activities forming part of the Division, including involvement where required in due-diligence activities.
- In particular to play a key role in the financial, and if required wider integration of new businesses, including scoping, implementing, training and development plans as required. To further assist in confirming/verifying opening balances, and the post-acquisition assessment of Fair Value adjustments, as required.
- Ensure the Group's accounting policies are adhered to, and assist in the evaluation and implementation of new policies
- Assist in Forecasting reviews, ensuring that 'local' monthly submissions are consistent with current levels of business activity, and where necessary challenging unrealistic expectations and assisting businesses to improve overall levels of Forecasting accuracy.
- Adherence to reporting deadlines is essential, as is the ability to produce value-added commentaries and supporting documents for senior executives as required
- Responsible for ensuring that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
- Create standard Divisional 'Templates' as required to meet Divisional/Group financial requirements. Develop appropriate models to explain, monitor and control the roll-out of these into a live 'local' system environment.
- Analytical reviews of Monthly reporting information, Budget and Strategic Plan submissions, including liaising with 'local' FCs/FDs, to provide a summary of key findings, with appropriate explanations.
- To support and back-up the other 'Divisional Accountants' with all their duties including Comshare/Infor PM reporting, monthly Group Pack preparation and other development activities.
- Assist Divisional Management with ad-hoc analytical reviews of Divisional overhead spend (including IT)..
- A fully qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA - Ideally with first-time passes
- High-level of proficiency in MS Office products
- Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organisation
- Strong verbal & written communication ability
- Experience of project management and presentation skills. You must have the ability to influence senior engagement.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, manufacturing would be beneficial.
Competitive salary and benefits
The opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing business in a varied role
Potential to progress