Assistant, Business Solutions - Midlands
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in the Midlands (Oldbury), is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our fast-paced Business Solutions Group based in our Midlands office.
- Preparation of financial statements for Companies, Partnerships and sole traders to manager review.
- Preparation of Charity Accounts, and Pension Scheme Accounts through to manager review
- Preparation of year end accounts from incomplete records through to manager review.
- Basic preparation of Corporation Tax computations to review stage.
- Basic preparation of personal tax returns to review stage.
- Dealing with basic client queries and problem solving.
- Ad-hoc bookkeeping duties (in-house and/or onsite) for our BSG clients using a range of accounting software as applicable.
- Preparation of periodical management accounts for our BSG clients and reporting in their required format to review stage.
- VAT Return preparation.
- Adhering to deadlines or at least notifying the client and Manager where problems are likely to arise.
- Take responsibility for your work and must be able to multi task in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Meeting clients face-to-face and developing good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Listen to client’s needs. Be sympathetic where necessary and remain patient.
- Writing professional letters and emails to clients. Ensure the client can understand what we are telling them.
- Offer client’s a value added service, tailor accounts to client’s needs and recognise what information they are looking for from their reports and accounts. Understand their internal controls and where weaknesses are identified, suggest improvements.
- Ensure you understand the services that Crowe can offer and identify areas that a client could benefit from other services - discuss cross selling opportunities with the client Manager/Partner.
- Helping others within the department and acting as a team player.
- Part AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- High standard of Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of preparation of accounts and VAT returns.
- Diligent and attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative, but also be a team player.
- Able to focus and concentrate in a busy, fast paced working environment.
- Bookkeeping using Xero/Sage - training can be provided.
- Knowledge of IRIS accounts production, corporation tax and personal tax modules. Training can be provided.
- Knowledge of a varied range of accounting software e.g. Xero, Sage, Dext (formerly Receipt Bank) etc.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 28 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.