Financial Control Project Manager
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, investment development, property and security.
Global Financial Systems and Control (GFSC) provides group wide Financial Systems and Control function with a focus to simplify and automate processes. This is in alignment with the bank’s core strategy which is to become a simpler, better bank for our customers.
Forming part of the GFSC team, the Financial Control Project Manager will be working on (but not limited to) the following:
- Integrating Procurement and Accounts Payable functions and processes back into Finance;
- Developing capability in response to new Payment Times Reporting legislation;
- PeopleSoft Invoicing & Accounts Receivable project which is to implement an end-to-end solution for invoicing and receivables for usage of CBA services (e.g. innovation hub bookings, TSA arrangements);
- Electronic Invoicing capability (impacting both accounts payable and accounts receivable processes).
Do work that matters
- Assist with the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, policies and objectives. Including: creating and controlling the project scope, determining the resources required, estimating the project costs, defining the project schedule, assigning tasks and processes, managing quality, project communications, and operational implementation.
- Execute projects to deliver the defined project scope, cost, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Effectively communicate project progress and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, clear and transparent fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders and sponsors on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with internal and external parties, as appropriate, on an ongoing basis.
- Co-ordinate tasks and responsibilities with appropriate personnel.
- Identify and seek to resolve issues and time/resource conflicts within the project team.
- Participate in project reviews to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify, drive and support the adoption of best practices and tools for project execution
- Monitoring of and reporting on work schedules to ensure completion of work within time and budget constraints.
- Manage project financials to budget/forecast and deliver timely and accurate reporting.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Identify risks, and manage contingency and mitigation actions to ensure achievement of project objectives
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Tertiary qualification in business, finance, technology or a related discipline or equivalent
- Experience with IT / Oracle / PeopleSoft General Ledger projects.
- Experience working in a Project Manager role using a structured, process driven approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and interact effectively with Finance and IT stakeholders, and in house and external service providers.
- Experience in Change Management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Good group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills, and problem-solving and negotiating abilities.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively and allocate resources appropriately.
- Good understanding of Business Analysis practices and techniques.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 27/06/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.